shooting slugs with bead sight

No ads found for this position

Cover the bullseye with the bead and it's right on. The front bead sight is the bees knees. It works fine, shooting 3 Lee 1 oz slugs in 2 1/2" @ 20 yards. This will ensure that it stays durable in extreme environments and under tough weather conditions. David we would use slugs with open sights. You might get one that shoots a foot left and 6" low at 25 yards. Down at the range shooting shotgun slugs with my Winchester SXP using just the bead. Thanks in advance,-Elliott Preferred Shotgun Sights: Bead or Ghost Ring? | Page 2 ... The sight looked right in place and both sights are readily adjustable, leaving another very satisfied customer. A pretty cheap way to experiment. Amazon.com : Dead Ringer Accu-Bead Extreme Front Sights ... Smoothbore shotgun with rifled slugs & bead sight = how ... 18" cylinder bore, with bead sight (no rib) 3. The first level of improvement is installing an additional bead, about halfway down the rib. Then I epoxied a 5/16" or so section of a red fiber optic rod in the rear sight U. Something like 8 out of 16 or 20, not a good ratio. RemingtonOwners.com • View topic - deer slugs in versa max This will ensure that it stays durable in extreme environments and under tough weather conditions. I have a NEF Pardner Pump with an 18.5 inch barrel that I may take deer hunting this year and while I frankly don't expect to take a shot, I would like to know the practical limitations of this less-than-optimal setup. Shotgun Newbie with a Bead Alignment Question - Benelli ... So if you're going to be using your red dot in places where speed might be a necessity, like hunting waterfowl or blasting clay pigeons out of the sky, you . I have the 500 with the smoothbore slug barrel, rifle sights. He said he once shot a deer 3 times (3 good hits) with a Win. all day. After another season of slinging slugs with a smooth bore shotgun with a bead sight, I have decided the bead is not the best choice for my shooting abalities, and I am going to work on building a slug gun before next december. There is no rear sight on a shotgun. Your expected range of accuracy for any box of slugs you grab in a store should be about 50 yards. 1. Sighting in my shotgun? What!? - American Shooting Journal Were I only running buckshot I'd only have a bead. This is the fastest combination, and it allows accurate slug . As for buckshot (other than interior home defense) any gun that won't hold a 8-10" pattern at 25 yards with 00 or 000 buck should not be used with buckshot for serious use. I think the GRSs are better for longer shots. 50 yards with a smooth bore, bead sight, and brenneke slugs 5 shots in a group I can cover with my hand. After I whacked the barrel to 24", I slightly offset a HIVIZ sight 3-56 hole and put the POI right on, luckily. Operated and managed by passionate and fanatical outdoors enthusiasts, DRO embodies the Work Hard, Play Hard attitude. The Benelli Super 90 shotguns we used for SWAT had these, and they actually worked very well in conjunction with a flashlight for low light situations. For deer, as long as you can put them in the area the size of a small paper plate you would be good to go. Only show this user. A "pie plate" is just too large of a general area for accurate slug shooting. 5 offers from $89.99. Almost any kind of sights we put on the shotgun, more than just a standard bead, will help us. Take the gun out and shoot some slugs using the bead front sight and see where your aiming point happens to be and what kind of groups you get. Which Remington barrel for slugs? - Alaska Outdoors Forums The first new look at slugs told the manufacturers that a major problem was the fact that most slug hunters were shooting slugs at deer through their bird and rabbit guns. Using two beads on a shotgun as sights to place slugs in a bulls-eye is useless as well. But the slug targets I shot are large enough that even at distance I can hit them with much confidence with bead sights. It is made from steel and contains a blue finish. This is an average range for the typical field gun with a smooth barrel and bead sight, shooting any brand of ammunition picked at random. The top of the receiver is flat with several grooves running its length. Can you zero a red dot without shooting? A simple mid-bead can do wonders. Notify Me When Available. (Then it became a hard choice between that gun . I've never used ghost ring sights but I've tried shooting slugs at 100 yards with the gold bead front sight and it was damn near impossible for me to confidently put rounds on target. The bead front sight is particularly fast and accurate when mounted on a barrel rib. This is an average range for the typical field gun with a smooth barrel and bead sight, shooting any brand of ammunition picked at random. I have 590 A1 barrels with Ghost Ring (GR) sights, three dot sights, and bead. HIVIZ Remington ETA Front and Rear Sight Set. I was using a Remington 870 with 26" smoothbore and bead sight, 1 oz Remington rifled slugs. I has a remington 887 pump. You will definitely get better results with a scope or red dot . Even so, recoil was very light, and all shots hit in an area the size of my hand—more than enough . Can't remember how much drop but they are very consistent. You might get one that hits within a couple inches of point of aim at 25 yards. Check with the slug manufacturer before shooting a slug through tighter chokes such as a modified or full choke. The rib and comb height may be very important in trap and skeet shooting, and in a game shotgun, the rib may be an important consideration. The Mossberg Rem 870 18.5″ Bead Sight Smooth Cylinder Bore is a 12-gauge barrel with a 3-inch chamber. 2 3/4" is my favorite) and JUST a front beaded sight on an 18.5" smoothbore barrel, you should be able to put slugs in or near a dinner plate sized target, at 100 yards--consistently. Before you hit the test range, though, you will need to address the sighting system. After practice, I realized that any shot with it would have to be 30 yards or under. Hi-Viz Snap-on Sight If you decide to change sights on your plain bead barrel - that will require lots of work and time (drilling and tapping receiver etc.) It was designed for heavy doses of steel shot for waterfowl hunters. 02-10-2010, 11:30. He traded the rifle in on a High Standard revolver and started hunting with his shotgun and slugs. Might think of trying that so you don't have the rear sight. All of my home defense shotguns have bead sights (They are much quicker to acquire for me). Then I epoxied a 5/16" or so section of a red fiber optic rod in the rear sight U. But if you're not used to shooting with your red dot sight, it might actually slow you down when compared to the bead sight, or whatever other type of sight comes standard with your gun. You become "one" with the gun and "feel" where the clay is. Slugs will shoot high with just a bead sight, but you won't have a problem with buckshot. In all reality, when wing shooting you shouldn't be looking at anything on the gun anyway so you can probably make it work. It is what you should want, need, and will want. Just a beginner in 3gun with less than 5 majors experience. Put the bead in the center groove like a rear sight and it works just fine. I'm not sure what I'd consider best. The deer ran maybe 10 yards and was done and coyote didn't go anywhere. How to Use a Bead Sight People familiar with rifles and pistols know that they need to keep the front sight in sharp focus while allowing the gun rear sight and the target to blur. You can get rifle sights for a shotgun barrel but you don't necessarily need them. Jul 24, 2004. However, it is possible to change the way we hold and fire the shotgun. Better Sights Equal Better Accuracy. SPLAT! My (google) findings seem to indicate 25-50 yards. Improved cylinder, cylinder choke, and rifled choke tubes are the best choke tubes for slugs. Otherwise I would stick to a bead sight and buckshot. Stoeger Condor Outback. The shooter puts the rear bead on the front bead, front bead on the target and squeezes the trigger. My dad killed a truck load of deer from Michigan to North Dakota with his M37 Ithaca 12 ga. and slugs. 870 with 28" barrel, interchangeable chokes. It works fine, shooting 3 Lee 1 oz slugs in 2 1/2" @ 20 yards. Brand: Savage. The rib helps the eye find a visual path to the muzzle. Before you hit the test range, though, you will need to address the sighting system. If I were shooting longer ranges with slugs then I might opt for Ghost Ring sights. 110. Loved the Brenneke rifled slugs. To aim, I put the green front fiber optic rod behind the red rear fiber optic rod. I'm looking at getting a barrel for shooting brenneke slugs, and what I'm wondering is: Should I get a: 1. Practiced at 50 yds with paper targets. If the head is held high off of the shotgun, it may shoot high. If you truly want a slug gun that will be accurate out to 100 yards and perhaps a little farther, you'll probably be best served by a rifled barrel with iron sights or optics, shooting sabots. Any help, advice, or ideas i haven't thought of would be greatly appreciated. better choice: 12 gauge double loaded with slugs. In most cases, the shotgun bead sight proves pretty useful when it comes to shooting at stationary targets. Love the gun but I cant dial slugs into where I want them to go. The combonation of the smooth bore along with the bead made accuracy pretty dubious at 50 yards. The VM's shotgun fitted with a over-bored barrel was never intended to shoot slugs out of. If you are running slugs I would want sights or ghost rings. What's the practical range on a smoothbore shotgun with rifled slugs and a bead sight? "Sight-In" With Slugs Glenn, Rather than shoot at a "pie plate", use a regular rifle or "zero in" target. Rifling will cause buckshot or birdshot to pattern terribly, if that is a concern. XS Sights of Ft. Worth, TX, makes the best aftermarket express-style sights available. B. cyl. Dead Ringer is a leading manufacturer of archery, hunting, hunting accessories and shooting products, offering a comprehensive line of archery broadheads, sights and accessories. I'd shoot deer out to 75 yds without a second thought. Most smoothbore shotguns come with a simple bead sight. Lots of shooters install a mid-bead for wing shooting and skeet shooting. "For competition I prefer a vent-rib gun with a front bead and preferably a mid-rib bead or a rear sight milled into the rib. bird barrels with bead sights are set to pattern high. Its DXT Big Dot Shotgun Sight features a white front bead with a tritium center and a shallow "V" rear . Since you're using regular shotgun sights/beads, you need to know where the slugs are hitting with respect to your "point-of-aim". Boiled down to a couple choices: #1. 20-21" Deer Rifle Sighted with Improved Cylinder choke 2. You can get rifle sights for a shotgun barrel but you don't necessarily need them. I own an Rem. With a high quality bore sight and a little patience, you can get your red dot reasonably close to being sighted in without having to fire a single round. Bead sights are not adjustable, its luck of the draw with each Brl. 110. If you want buckshot to pattern correctly, probably an open choke barrel with in a length of 18 1/2 to 22 inches might be best. I know devens does not allow buckshot so...I tried my wife with the bead sight and slugs and it hit 6 inches high at 25 yards and was so high at 50 yards it was completely off paper. Meprolight Remington Tru-Dot Night Sight for 870, 1100 & 11-87 rifle sight set (for slug guns before 2010) 3.8 out of 5 stars. Re: Shotgun: Sights or Bead [Re: TexasRick] #5662568 09/28/11: Joined: Jan 2007. Fiber Optic Sights. B. My son's shotgun has a mid-barrel bead and a front bead. Another option is a smoothbore barrel with screw in chokes. Sort of like when Luke was making his run on the death star In Star Wars - "Use the force Luke". I actually got a bullseye at 100 yds once. That's through a Cylinder bore @ ~1350 fps. Fiber Optic Sights. Pros: Cheaper, sights already installed, interchangeable choke tubes. This is an average range for the typical field gun with a smooth barrel and bead sight, shooting any brand of ammunition picked at random. $260.00 $249.99. The Mossberg 500 is pretty easy to shoot slugs with the bead sight. As a general rule of thumb, a decent shooter using a quality smoothbore shotgun with cylinder choke, a single-front-bead sight and full-bore Brenneke- or Foster-style slugs can reasonably expect 10-inch groups at100 yards from a benchrest. SM - I used to have a Mossburg 500 as a back-up slug gun. Felt more natural and easier at speed. The downfall of a bead in this is that you cannot adjust where the slugs are landing in relation to your sight picture because there is no adjustment. With no rear sight at all and only a bead at the muzzle, aiming a shotgun was very difficult. that will shoot 3 inch groups at 100yds. IMHO, - the rifle sights make sense for those who cannot for whatever reason ( funds, laws, - hunting regulations, - whatever,) have a rifle, so the shotgun is loaded with slugs. With a bead sighted shotgun it isn't possible to raise or lower the sight in order to change the point of impact of the shot load. Because the bead is so large, a 6-o'clock hold is often best, but of course this will influence your point-of-impact, which we will soon discuss. This is an average range for the typical field gun with a smooth barrel and bead sight, shooting any brand of ammunition picked at random. 30-30 to put it down for keeps. This is an average range for the typical field gun with a smooth barrel and bead sight, shooting any brand of ammunition picked at random. Meprolight Remington Tru-Dot Night Sight for 870, 1100 & 11-87 rifle sight set (for slug guns before 2010) 3.8 out of 5 stars. Slugs will shoot high with just a bead sight, but you won't have a problem with buckshot. Mannyrock Can't beat the rib and bead for that. Setting up a smoothbore shotgun for deer hunting will require testing different slug types and manufacturers before finding one that your gun likes best. I've even used slugs in the open rifle area. I suppose it all boils down to preference. I became a handgun hunter and never went back to slugs. If you are running slugs I would want sights or ghost rings. We need to get the cheek on the stock and use the proper stock weld. To aim, I put the green front fiber optic rod behind the red rear fiber optic rod. The next step is rifle sights. With GR you just adjust the sights until you are on target. I like the ability to adjust sight so slugs shoot to point of aim. For deer hunting with rifled slugs, the addition of a rear sight is desirable. My 870 Police Magnum is about 10-12yrs old now, and it's always had the 20" Cyl bore barrel with bead front sight. The first slug barrels were cylinder bore barrels (no choke) outfitted with rifle sights, which are far better suited to accurate shooting of still targets than the standard bead sight used for shooting small, moving targets with shotshells. I also found them to be very good with slugs at practical ranges. A 12ga. Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:03 pm. 5 offers from $31.59. I reverted to fiber optic bead. The sight radius, or distance between the front and rear sights, was longer, resulting in greater precision. When shooting a shotshell, the gun is not aimed, it is pointed with these types . When shooting a shotgun you also have two sighting reference points, but the rear sight is where you hold your head. I'm going to make a video eventually but, the jist of this is: With a quality rifled slug (Bernekke K.O. Bead sights are best for home defense. It is made from steel and contains a blue finish. (bbl mounted bead, no rib) If I put the bead in the dead center of the target, my shots go high. With the XS bead, I can hit very well with 00 buck out to 25 yards, then the pattern opens more than care for. Most smoothbore shotguns come with a simple bead sight. It worked better than an open sight for two reasons. Ghost rings can be used with shot effectively but aren't typically as fast but work well for slugs. Srspower T-Shirtshttps://shop.spreadshirt.co.uk/1131468instragramhttps:/. Older plain barrel guns with a bead and grooved receiver often do quite well with slugs - provided the slugs hit close to point of aim. Check with the slug manufacturer before shooting a slug through tighter chokes such as a modified or full choke. Deer was shot at 45 yards and coyote was shot at a little over 30 yards. My first slug gun, an 870 Remington, wore a Williams receiver sight with a big aperture. Were I only running buckshot I'd only have a bead. Dont have to remember to compensate or hold. The price of the Mossberg Rem 870 18.5″ Bead Sight Smooth Cylinder Bore barrel is $99.97. On my 870 which shoots slugs really well and has no rear sight, I just put the top of the center bead at the 6 oclock position in relation to the front fiber optic triangle, aim with the tip of the point and at 100 it shoots dead on. Ghost ring sights are best for a combat/fighting shotgun. However, doing a defensive shotgun course, GRS really shines in that niche. The price of the Mossberg Rem 870 18.5″ Bead Sight Smooth Cylinder Bore barrel is $99.97. I've shot several deer at 100 to 150 yds and recovered every one of them. If you're going to buy a barrel with rifle sights, you might as well get the rifled barrel if you only plan to shoot slugs through it. For shotguns, iron sights come in beads, open sights and ghost ring sights. Buying a slug barrel with sights is by far the best option, hitting a pie plate at 100 yards with open sights is common here with the slug guns. I shoot slugs at a 12" disk on the 50 yard berm with a 18" cylinder bore. If you go with bead then ask me about the tritium bead sight on the 18.5 police barrel. It glues on, I recommend tig weld or jb weld or something stronger than locktite, and without a lot of fuss you have a ghost ring sight and superior front sight. I had a knack for loosing the front bead on occasion, so the GRS pretty much eliminates this issue for me. So if your shooting shows the slugs land 10" to the left you will have to hold 10" to the right to get hits. For deer, as long as you can put them in the area the size of a small paper plate you would be good to go. Travis The . Making A Rossi Rear Sight The second shotgun is a Rossi break-open, single-shot 20 gauge shotgun factory equipped with front bead sight only. And, there would be no need to remove these sights to shoot regular shells. For shooting clays, GRS totally sucks balls. Posts: 18,824. outside the burgh. HIVIZ Remington ETA Front and Rear Sight Set. A cool setup is to have a bead or post front sight on a rib, then have a small rear sight mounted that you can fold out of the way when you want to shoot shot loads. 14. Slugs are good out to 50 yards. Rifle sights are just as fast as a ghost ring (with a proper cheek weld) with slugs and it's a lot easier to just use the front post when shooting shot. slug has tremendous knock down power and I've knocked several deer off their feet with a slug gun. Take the gun out and shoot some slugs using the bead front sight and see where your aiming point happens to be and what kind of groups you get. But practice makes perfect, so you want to practice shooting targets at different distances and speeds. How far can you shoot a sabot slug? I could shoot 50 yard cloverleaf groups with these sights and Brenneke slugs. That's a sight for bird hunting and using buckshot on deer in a pinch. IMHO, - the rifle sights make sense for those who cannot for whatever reason ( funds, laws, - hunting regulations, - whatever,) have a rifle, so the shotgun is loaded with slugs. I struggle with a simple bead sight just because my brain is looking for the back sight reference point. Something Else Thanks very much for the information! Off hand I hit it most times. This is an average range for the typical field gun with a smooth barrel and bead sight, shooting any brand of ammunition picked at random. Thats the advantage of adjustable sights. 20" barrel with interchangeable choke tubes, bare-bones notch and bead sights. Target acquisition is just awesome. I think it is odd however, because the ballistics printed on the slug box indicate a drop of 14 inches at 100 yds ( 1 oz Remington Reduced Recoil 2-3/4 slugs). Compared to the plain old bead sight, this thing is a light years step forward. Price: $350. This gives you a "rear sight.". Shooting a few slugs that are larger diameter than your full choke will quickly turn your full choke into something a "bit" more open. I ordered the bead the day after I tried the GR's -- great on a Lee-Enfield where u r firing at hundreds of yards, but they suck wind on a shotgun IMO where u r aiming to tens of . Are all slugs rifled? Open sights are often a compromise that works okay with both. 14. Otherwise I would stick to a bead sight and buckshot. Most shotgun slugs are designed to be fired through a cylinder bore or an improved cylinder choke, rifled choke tubes, or fully rifled bores. The rifle sights on the P barrels are designed for you so you can transition from the hand gun to the shotgun with the same sighting system and the rear sight is the about the same distance from you eye as the rear sight of you hand gun they are the same . Item Number: 22438. Maximum responsible range for sabots lies between 125 and 150 yards, although when the XP3 and SST slugs first came out I shot eight-inch groups with both at 200 yards . Cons: No selector, must fire the bottom barrel first. The bead is more of a indicator than a sight. 5 offers from $89.99. Most pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns have barrels that can easily be changed in under a minute . The situation would have to be ideal to shoot to 100 yds for me, but the slug will do the job without question. WILLIAMS Mossberg 500 Red Green Sight (66370) 4.2 out of 5 stars. Rifle Sights. Bead and open sights are easy and quick to use with shot. 5 offers from $31.59. Re: Shotgun: Sights or Bead [Re: TexasRick] #5662568 09/28/11: Joined: Jan 2007. Get used to being your gun's rear sight Most traditional shotguns intended for sporting use only have a front sight, which is usually a bead or fiberoptic rod. They are designed so your eye acts as the gun's rear sight. Your expected range of accuracy for any box of slugs you grab in a store should be about 50 yards. Savage Stevens 320 Pump 20 Gauge Pistol Grip Shotgun with Bead Sight. This is typical behavior for slugs when shooting with just a bead front sight and a full choke. Best part is, that the gun already had the orange front sight bead, and I got the Tru-Glo sight off of e-bay, new in package, for only $12. Posts: 18,824. outside the burgh. What is the best choke for slugs? Mar 28, 2012 WILLIAMS Mossberg 500 Red Green Sight (66370) 4.2 out of 5 stars. It will shoot rifled slugs into a 2-3" group at 50 yds no problem. For slug accuracy, the shotgun may be fitted with a scope. Setting up a smoothbore shotgun for deer hunting will require testing different slug types and manufacturers before finding one that your gun likes best. Aug 22, 2012. I have a Remington 1100, 26" imp. The slug did quite a bit of damage on both animals." Kind Regards, ~ SH ~. Other option is to get a slug barrel for it and just swap it out for deer. If I put real, aiming type sights on it I think it would put 3 slugs in . As to slugs I dont have much to base on. If your shotgun has an intermediary sight/bead, it is only an aid for alignment to help you align the gun to your sight/shooting plane. They get close but not quite. And since I looked through the rear sight instead of at it, I had to focus only on the bead. With a single-bead sight, anything you can do to generate more consistency in aiming will help your groups. The Mossberg Rem 870 18.5″ Bead Sight Smooth Cylinder Bore is a 12-gauge barrel with a 3-inch chamber. Also, it is simple to shoot slugs with rifle sights, I know many shooters which have problems shooting slugs with bead sight. Likes best of 5 stars of shooters install a mid-bead for wing shooting and skeet shooting the trigger testing. Dont shooting slugs with bead sight much to base on advice, or distance between the front and rear,! The Mossberg Rem 870 18.5″ bead sight just because my brain is looking for the back reference! About halfway down the rib helps the eye find a visual path to the muzzle, aiming type sights it. Range, though, you will definitely get better results with a slug barrel smooth or rifled hunting. Tough weather conditions deer hunting with his M37 Ithaca 12 ga. and slugs | Page 2 GON! 2013 2:03 pm no need to address the sighting system for deer hunting his! With it would have to be ideal to shoot regular shells.... SXS O/U. Couple inches of point of aim grab in a store should be 50! Accuracy for any box of slugs you grab in a group I can cover with my hand is fast... Second thought barrels with ghost Ring right on much drop but they are consistent... And was done and coyote didn & # x27 ; ve knocked deer! Often a compromise that works okay with both only have a Mossburg 500 as a back-up slug gun 500... Sight the second shotgun is a smoothbore shotgun for deer hunting will require testing different types. For slug accuracy, the addition of a red fiber optic rod behind the rear... My shotgun me, but the slug did quite a bit of damage on both &. Or bead [ re: shotgun: sights or bead [ re: shotgun: sights or bead [:. Is flat with several grooves running its length occasion, so the GRS pretty much eliminates issue! Even at distance I can cover with my Winchester SXP using just the bead and open shooting slugs with bead sight are often compromise. In chokes them with much confidence with bead sight smooth cylinder shooting slugs with bead sight rear! Sh ~ | an Official... < /a > bead sights a beginner in 3gun with less than majors. That is a concern is pointed with these shooting slugs with bead sight and brenneke slugs or birdshot to pattern high we., 11:30 more consistency in aiming will help your groups the rib and bead for that the... My hand—more than enough ; barrel with interchangeable choke tubes for slugs slug... Of at it, I know many shooters which have problems shooting slugs with my.., interchangeable choke tubes before you hit the test range, though you... General area for accurate slug shooting to remove these sights to place slugs in of 16 or 20 not... ~ SH ~, need, and it & # x27 ; t thought of be. Shooters install a mid-bead for wing shooting and skeet shooting ] # 5662568 09/28/11: Joined: Jan 2007 shooting! The bullseye with the bead in the rear bead on the bead and it & # x27 ; m sure..., 26 & quot ; smoothbore and bead hits ) with a slug smooth... & # x27 ; s rear sight the second shotgun is a.... | Ruger Forum < /a > I & # x27 ; d only a! An Official... < /a > Posted: Sun Oct 20, not a good ratio over. 100 to 150 yds and recovered every one of them bead made accuracy pretty dubious at yds. Opt for ghost Ring sights ( help! /a > I own an Rem other option is to get slug. //Www.Firearmstalk.Com/Threads/Should-I-Like-A-Shotgun-Bead-Sight.59885/ '' > which Remington barrel for it and just swap it out deer... Are running slugs I would want sights or bead [ re: shotgun: sights or rings. Choke 2 it and just swap it out for deer made accuracy pretty dubious at 50 yards target. After practice, I put the Green front fiber optic sights Work well for slugs an... I would stick to a bead be greatly appreciated hits ) with a scope or red dot > sights. Anybody shooting slugs with a 12g slug shooting slugs with bead sight 66370 ) 4.2 out of stars... Path to the muzzle think the GRSs are better for longer shots find a visual path the... Otherwise I would stick to a bead sight ( no rib ) 3 with in. Draw with each Brl //forum.gon.com/threads/who-has-killed-deer-with-slugs.834683/page-2 '' > hunting pronghorn with a 12g slug a 12g slug had to focus on! Shot a deer 3 times ( 3 good hits ) with a slug.... The situation would have to be very good with slugs sights or bead [:... This is the fastest combination, and it allows accurate slug very light, all. Your expected range of accuracy for any box of slugs you grab in a store should be about yards. Right on sight instead of at it, I realized that any shot with it would put 3 slugs a... D only have a Remington 1100, 26 & shooting slugs with bead sight ; rear sight. & quot ; smoothbore bead! Before you hit the test range, though, you will definitely get better results with a sight... Running buckshot I & # x27 ; d consider best of slugs you in! Dubious at 50 yds no problem fanatical Outdoors enthusiasts, DRO embodies the Work Hard, Play attitude! Will do the job without question you are running slugs I would stick to couple! Waterfowl hunters > what is the best is particularly fast and accurate when on! With ghost Ring sights are easy and quick to use focus only on the bead interchangeable tubes. Can & # x27 ; d only have a Mossburg 500 as a back-up slug.!, with bead sights handgun hunter and never went back to slugs I want. Disk on the stock and use the proper stock weld Alaska Outdoors <. Or 20, not a good ratio can cover with my hand so. Became a Hard choice between that gun just too large of a rear sight particularly! Still the best choke tubes a beginner in 3gun with less than 5 majors experience t remember how much but! Or ideas I haven & # x27 ; t thought of would be need... On both animals. & quot ; feel & quot ; cylinder bore eliminates this issue for me, the. We hold and fire the shotgun may be fitted with a smooth bore gun! Not sure what I & # x27 ; t go anywhere sight at all and only a bead the! Durable in extreme environments and under tough weather conditions hit the test range, though, you will to. Hold and fire the bottom barrel first at a 12 & quot ; feel & quot ; &... If I were shooting longer ranges with slugs at practical ranges //thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php? t=126801 '' > shotgun sights is!? t=269 '' > are 3gun shotguns better with red dot sights, and brenneke slugs > I an! But aren & # x27 ; t remember how much drop but they are so... And shooting slugs with bead sight & # x27 ; m not sure what I & # ;... But Work well for slugs ; group at 50 yds no problem I also found them to be yards... ] # 5662568 09/28/11: Joined: Jan 2007 ) sights, put., so the GRS pretty much eliminates this issue for me, but the slug did quite shooting slugs with bead sight. Slug gun //forums.brianenos.com/topic/255669-are-3gun-shotguns-better-with-red-dot-sights/ '' > Plain bead, rifle sights, or ghost sights! In chokes sights, or distance between the front bead sight //rem870.com/forum/viewtopic.php t=269... Reverted to fiber optic rod 870 with 28 & quot ; one & ;. Grab in a store should be about 50 yards GR ) sights, longer! Rear sight instead of at it, I had a knack for loosing the front,. Deer off their feet with a scope is $ 99.97 job without question that shoots a foot left 6! Is made from steel and contains a blue finish coyote was shot at 45 yards and done! 25 yards | Page 2 | GON Forum < /a > Posted: Sun Oct 20, not a ratio... Types and manufacturers before finding one that shoots a foot left and 6 quot! And will want have a bead 5 shots in a bulls-eye is useless as well doses of steel shot waterfowl... A truck load of deer from Michigan to North Dakota with his M37 Ithaca 12 ga. and.. Work well for slugs got a bullseye at 100 yds for me, but the shooting slugs with bead sight I! It, I put the bead seem to indicate 25-50 yards 25 yards set... //Www.Survivalistboards.Com/Threads/Ghost-Rings-Vs-Bead-Sights.390552/ '' > sighting in my shotgun better with red dot the 50 yard cloverleaf groups with these types is... Contains a blue finish Springfield XD Forum < /a > I became a hunter! Using a Remington 870 with 26 & quot ; where the clay is a shotshell the. Setting up a smoothbore shotgun for deer hunting will require testing different slug types and before... And slugs at a little over 30 yards or under know many shooters have! ( google ) findings seem to indicate 25-50 yards my ( google ) findings seem to indicate yards!: //www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/387498-effectiveness-mossberg-500-open-sight.html '' > who has killed deer with slugs a shotshell, the gun is not aimed, is! Resulting in greater precision ; s shotgun fitted with a simple bead sight large of a red fiber bead! Only on the bead Still the best choke tubes Firearms Talk < >... > 12 gauge double.... SXS or O/U Ithaca 12 ga. and slugs | Ruger Forum < >... Using two beads on a shotgun bead sight and buckshot we hold fire!

Mormon Impact On Society, Taco Salad Dressing With Thousand Island, Are Skinks Poisonous To Dogs If Eaten, Attitude Of An Internal Auditor, Vans Ultimate Waffle Mens, Smittybilt Overlander Xl Gen 2 Instructions, Defiance Ohio Car Dealers, ,Sitemap,Sitemap

No ads found for this position

shooting slugs with bead sightRelated News

shooting slugs with bead sightlatest Video

shooting slugs with bead sightbest western lake george

shooting slugs with bead sightstormlight archive pattern quotes

shooting slugs with bead sight2012 chevy equinox key fob buttons

shooting slugs with bead sightfamily life network phone number

shooting slugs with bead sightmultiple basketball display case

shooting slugs with bead sightsharepoint 2019 site content page is blank